The Gibson research team also works on various projects funded through the Department of Education. These studies span various states, including Texas, New Mexico, and Virginia, and are conducted in partnership with Regional Education Laboratories.
These projects include studies that focus on:
- The under-representation of Hispanic students in Science, Technology, Engineering,
and Math (STEM) courses (while in high school) and fields of study (in college).
- Advanced high school course-taking patterns across different student groups—particularly historically underserved student groups—and advanced course offerings across different schools.
- Student performance in low-performing schools with various accountability designations.
- Longitudinal participation rates in state-funded PreK programs disaggregated by student
- Kindergarten readiness and psychometric assessment of school readiness measures.
Click here to learn more about the Regional Educational Laboratory Southwest.